“IRN” stands for “International Rental News”, the parent editorial brand who is responsible for publishing the IRN100.
The IRN100‘s primary ranking is on annualized revenue and breaks down revenue into two components:
- Rental Volume, in Millions
- Total Volume, in Millions
Rankings descend from the highest revenue in the list.
The IRN100 is a critical information tool used to understand relative dynamics and trends in the rental market. Across all continents, it shows general trends that are critical for contractors and equipment renters to understand. Additionally, it’s a great qualification tool for anyone looking to do business with the larger rental companies.
In 2020, these were the top 10 rental suppliers on the IRN 100 (with revenue in Euros and country of origin):
- United Rentals (8,322 | United States)
- Ashtead Group / Sunbelt Rentals (5,310 | United Kingdom / United States)
- Aktio Corp (2,310 | Japan)
- Loxam (2,295 | France)
- Aggreko (1,900 | United Kingdom)
- Herc Rentals ( 1,779 | United States)
- Kanamoto (1,446 | Japan)
- Boels Verhuur (1,266 | Netherlands)
- Nishio Rent All Co (1,193 | Japan)
- Algeco Scotsman (975 | United Kingdom)
The IRN100 is gated content and requires field entry to download. Below are direct links to recent editions: